Wednesday, February 2, 2011

January Make Up Favorites 2011

1-4. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Strobe Light, Revlon Perplex, Wet n' Wild Gray's Anatomy & Sagreena the Teenage Witch.
5. Cover FX Brush #160. Apparently this was meant for the Full Coverage Compact Foundation which I've used with once, but I personally love it for cream cheek products like my NARS Cap Vert multiple bronzer or the Soleil Tan De Chanel.
6. Nars Madly blush. I do believe this is described as a seashell pink, and I'd say that's pretty accurate. As many have mentioned, it looks like nothing in the pan, but applied to the cheeks it boosts and livens the complexion wonderfully. I can see this being a great bronzer for NC10 skin-tones.
7. Nars Ashes to Ashes (sorry for the condition of the shadow as it is very soft and crumbled a little in transit). It's definitely a taupe that errs on the mauve side. I prefer these types of taupes on my skin vs. ones like Satin Taupe by MAC.
8-9. Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer (left) & Too Faced Leopard Bronzer (right). I can't get over how smooth these both apply. Chocolate Soleil (matte) blends down wonderfully and almost mimics just a darker skin-tone, which is why I think it works well for me. It's not too golden, too orange, or too red based. Leopard Bronzer really isn't a bronzer, even for my fair skin. It's more of a rose blush with a slight lavender (cool) undertone to it.
10. Wet n' Wild Color Icon Trio in "Silent Treatment". I adore this trio! I won't drone on and on, but these shadows are so soft and creamy. Honestly, they rival my high end shadows in texture, color payoff, blend-ability, and longevity.
11. MUFE Aqua Cream #13. This month was my first trial with the eye aqua creams. I have the cheek/lip versions which last forever, but can be hard to blend in quickly and thoroughly. However, the eye version is out of this world amazing. They start creamier than any of the Benefit or MAC counterparts, but then set even better and last longer than either. I do hope they come out with a matte version, though!
12. Bare Minerals Nude Beach. This is such a versatile and dreamy color. The shimmer emits a phenomenal glow that I can't seem to get enough of. I use this almost daily on top of whatever lid color I'm wearing that day.
13. Wet n' Wild Color Icon Brow Pencil. I meant to include this in my monthly favorites, but missed it on my desk when I was taping my video. This is currently my favorite brow product, period. It is incredibly soft and creamy, but also has a slight wax property to it. I'm not one who likes drawn in brows, nor do I like them perfect. This is perfect if you want to fill in your brows with ease and with little effort.